It is not legal to use rental possibilities as airbnb, homeexchange, homeswap etc. in student accommodations.

Acording to the law for student accommodations it is only individuals who fulfil the criteria for these specific housing types who may live in these residence. This includes that the resident must be in education. In addition, you must not use the residence for reasons other than those agreed. This, amongst other things, means that you must not earn money on your accommdation. 

If you would like to sublet your accommodation for at period, the sub-letter must be in education, Kollegiekontoret must approve the subletting conditions, and all other conditions for subletting must be met. 

If a residence is illegally rented out, the lease will be terminated.




You can enter into an agreement with Stofa about delivery of TV packages. 

Please note that even if you choose not to buy any TV-packages, you are obliged to pay for the operation and maintenance of the aerial facility. 

You are obliged to help clean the common areas. Please see the cleaning plan in this Information Folder or on a common notice board in the hall of residence.

Dialogue is always better than conflict, but if a conflict is impossible to solve, you have the opportunity to complain. Your complaint must be in writing and only exceptionally concern incidences more than two weeks old.

If you want to file a complaint against a fellow resident, you must make a written complaint outlining whom the complaint is made against, what the complaint is about and when the reason for the complaint took place. The complaint can only be anonymously in exceptional cases. 

You may use Kollegiekontoret's complaint form.

The complaint must be sent to 

Kollegiekontoret treats the complaint and assesses if the resident in question is going to have a  written warning.

If there are repeated written warnings regarding the same violation of the house rule, the violating resident's lease will be cancelled (with 3 months notice) or terminated (with short notice). 

In cases of disagreements between the resident and the lessor in cases such as the examples listed below, the case can be brought to the municipality's complaint board (huslejenævnet)

- the amount of rent, incl. regulation of rent
- the condition of the residence when moving in and out
- water and heating accounts
- the residents' responsibility when moving out. 

Find further information regarding municipality's complaint board on: (only available in Danish). 

According to the fire preventive regulations, entrances, corridors, balconies, stairs and emergency exits must be cleared of all objects (bookcases, mattresses, clothes horses etc.).

Once a year, the fire authorities conduct an inspection of the fire prevention without notice to check that the fire regulations are observed. They make protests and sometimes impose fines if the corridor areas etc. are not cleared. The caretaker may also remove objects in the corridors etc. without notice.

Please also make sure that escape routes on e.g. parking lots are kept free of cars, bicycles, prams etc.



Kollegiekontoret has effected a householders' comprehensive insurance and an insurance of buildings for the hall of residence.

The householders’ comprehensive insurance covers washbasins, toilets, door- and windowpanes. The insurance of buildings covers buildings and the fixed installations in case of fire, storm, cloudburst, pipe burst etc.

None of the insurances of Kollegiekontoret covers your personal belongings (PC, TV, stereo etc.), so you must take out your own house contents insurance, which does not have to cover damages of door- and windowpanes. Make sure that it covers rehousing, in case you have to vacate your residence for a period due to e.g. water damage.We recommend it also covers glass and sanitary ware.

We will also encourage you to take out an accident insurance.

Please note that no insurance covers burglary in case of unlocked doors. Therefore, always remember to lock the doors of e.g.. lumber rooms, laundry and bike room.

You have the possibility to move internally in your hall of residence.

Applicants for an internal move have first claim to an available room/flat in the hall of residence they are living in. It is not possible to move from one two room apartment to two one room apartments. As a single applicant you cannot move to a two room apartment.

Internal moving can only take place in the hall of residence you are living in. If you wish to move to another hall of residence, you have to apply on Subtenants cannot apply for an internal moving, you can neither apply for internal moving if you have given notice of termination. 

If you want to apply for internal moving, you can fill in this form.

If you decline an offer, your application for an internal move will be deleted. 

NB You may be offered an internal move before the expiry of the term of notice on you present residence. Therefore, you may have to pay rent for two residences in a period of time. The deposit/advance payment for your present residence will not be returned until 2 weeks after the expiry of the tenancy. So if you apply for an internal move, you must make sure to have money ready for the first month’s rent as well as deposit/advanced payment for your new residence.

There is already internet access from Bolignet-Aarhus in your wall socket. You just need to connect your computer to the socket in the wall using a network cable (LAN) and type in your browser. An order page will appear, where you can register as a customer. Shortly after you have registered, you will be online. 

Please notice that you will have to buy a router if you want to access the internet wirelessly (WiFi). That way you are sure to get a router that fits your exact requirements.

If you have questions or need help, please contact Bolignet-Aarhus customer service at 82 50 50 50. The phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 10 to 19 and Saturday from 12-15. 

You are also welcome to contact us at

Please notice that TV-license is not paid for through your internet subscription. You can sign up to pay for TV-license at

In case you lose the key to your room or flat, please contact your caretaker during normal working hours, so that he can lock you in.

Outside normal working hours please observe the following guidelines:

Ravnsbjerg, Vilh. Kiers Kollegium and Tandlægekollegiet: After normal working hours please contact a locksmith. You must pay the expenses yourself.

Skjoldhøjkollegiet: If you forget or loose your key outside normal working hours the caretaker can lock you in upon payment of a fee. (This only applies if a caretaker is on duty) The caretaker will NOT lock you in after midnight. 

It goes for all the hall of residences that if you lose your keys, you must pay for the expenses of converting the lock. So take care of your keys and keep an extra key at your neighbour’s.

When you moved in, you received a laundry card. The card registers every time you wash or tumble dry, and the expenses are added to your rent.

The washing machines dispense soap automatically.


You must use our termination form, if you want to terminate your lease.

You must terminate your lease at least 3 months before you wish to move out, and you can give notice to the 1st in a month. You must move out 7 days before the wanted subleasing date. You can find the correct terms of notice on the termination form. If you live with someone else he/she also has to sign the termination.

You can apply to have your residence sub-leased before the timely termination date. State when you want your residence to be sub-leased. If your residence is subleased before the timely termination date, you must of course only pay rent until the date of the subleasing.  

You must move out 7 working days before the wanted subleasing date. 

The residence must be cleaned and cleared and your keys must be dropped off at the caretaker’s no later than 9 am on the moving out day. From when you have terminated your lease and until you are moving out, you are still obliged to clean the common areas.

The caretaker will carry out a room inspection. If you want to be present, you must arrange a date with him no later than 3 days before moving out.

No pets are allowed in the hall of residence. 

The rent must be paid on the 1st working day of each month at the latest. If you pay later than that, a fee of DKK 286 (2020 standard) will be included in next month’s rent. You may choose between the following three methods of payment:

1.        Nets (payment service). We recommend that you use this method of payment, as it is the cheapest and easiest for all parties. Nets is free and can be discontinued at any time. You can join the service on the paying-in slip you receive after moving in. If you still receive paying-in slips after having joined PBS, the reason is either that the arrangement has not been effectuated or that a mistake has occurred. Please contact your bank to have this corrected.

2.        Payment via paying-in slip by home-banking or in the bank. This method of payment costs you a fee every month.

If you do not receive a monthly paying-in slip or if the slip is lost, it is your responsibility to make sure that the rent is paid on time. You can pay to Kollegiekontoret’s giro account no. 913 0187. Please remember to state your name and your hall of residence address or your “lejemålsnr.” 

3.        By home banking to 3627 and account no. 0009130187. Please remember to state your name and your hall of residence address or your “lejemålsnr.” 

4.       If you pay from abroad please use IBAN: DK39 3000 0009 130187 and Swift/bic code: DABADKKK. (Danske Bank, Kannikegade 4 – 6, 8000 Aarhus C) Please note that all costs concerning payment from abroad are to be paid by you.

No respite of payment
It is not possible to apply for respite of payment. The rent has to be paid on time.

If rent is not paid 
If you do not pay rent, we will first send a reminder with fee. Then the case is handed over for collection and your lease will be terminated. It will cost you around DKK 1.800 to cover the expenses of lawyer and bailiff.

Rent increase
If rent is increased, it usually happens August 1 and it will be notified 3 months ahead, i.e. usually before May 1. Kollegiekontoret informs Nets and the housing subsidy office about the increase.



You have moved into private hall of residence, owned by Tauris Ejendomsadministraion and administered by Kollegiekontoret. The link between the administration and residents is the residence committee (Kollegierådet).

Kollegierådet plays a role in ensuring that your hall of residence is an exciting and well-functioning place.

As a member of the kollegieråd you gain insight into the operation and maintenance of the hall of residence. Kollegierådet handles a certain amount of money, which is allocated to activities for the residents and/or purchases of facilities to the hall of residence. 

Furthermore, kollegierådet must ensure good peace and order and treat the cases, in case of complaints from tenants about fellow tenants. The residents' council is bound to observe professional secrecy regarding confidential circumstances.

We encourage you to take part in the resident meetings and make your influence felt!



At least once a year, Kollegiekontoret sends out a study check to ensure that the conditions regarding living in the hall of residence are met. If you do not return the study check in time or if you are no longer a student or trainee, we will terminate you lease with a three months’ notice.

NB You are allowed to stay in your residence three months after finishing your education.

If you are going on exchange, in traineeship or other which means that you have to move away temporarily, you can sublet your residence up to two years. You are responsible for finding a person (subtenant) to sublet your residence to. The subtenant must be under education. Kollegiekontoret must approve the subletting contract before the subtenant is allowed to move in.  

You can find the subletting rules and the subletting document on this website.

You are allowed to carry on a trade from your residence, but it must not cause any inconvenience whatsoever to any of your fellow residents. The trade must not be connected with displaying of signs, stock-in-trade or personal application at your address.

Your waste much be sorted. SEE HOW

Make sure that the skips are not overloaded. Overloading results in the hall of residence having to pay for extra skips which consequently will lead to an increased rent.

Read more about the waste sorting system.

Your caretaker can inform you about the rules regarding bulky waste in the area in which your hall of residence is situated. Put out the bulky waste on the collection spot the day the waste is collected (not some days before or after). Remember, it is your responsibility (and not the caretaker’s) to make sure that the bulky waste is actually collected. 


These are the regulations you are obliged to follow when you live in Chr. X's Kollegium