It is not legal to use rental possibilities as airbnb, homeexchange, homeswap etc. in student accommodations.

Acording to the law for student accommodations it is only individuals who fulfil the criteria for these specific housing types who may live in these residence. This includes that the resident must be in education. In addition, you must not use the residence for reasons other than those agreed. This, amongst other things, means that you must not earn money on your accommdation. 

If you would like to sublet your accommodation for at period, the sub-letter must be in education, Kollegiekontoret must approve the subletting conditions, and all other conditions for subletting must be met. (Read more about sublease in the informaton folder)

If a residence is illegally rented out, the lease will be terminated.



At almost all of the halls of residence*, you must contact the supplier,  Here you can see what channels the TV packages have and what they cost. 

*At Kløvergården you must contact the supplier, YouSee at TDC if you want a tv-package. At Grenåvej and Skejbygård Kollegiet you must contact Stofa if you want a tv-package. 

Please note that even if you choose not to buy any TV-packages, you are obliged to pay for the operation and maintenance of the aerial facility. 




You are obliged to help cleaning the common areas.

Dialogue is always better than conflict, but if a conflict is impossible to solve, you have the opportunity to complain. Your complaint must be in writing and only exceptionally concern incidences more than two weeks old.

If you want to file a complaint aganist a fellow resident, you must make a written complaint outlining whom the complaint is made against, what the complaint is about and when the reason for the complaint took place. Send your written complaint to the estate committee. The complaints can only be made anomymously in exceptional cases. However you may remain anonymous to the person you are complaining against. The anonymity can no longer be maintained if the complaint is sent to the tenants’ complaint board (Beboerklagenævn). The complaint will only be sent to the Beboerklagenævn by agreement with the complainant.

You can use Kollegiekontoret's complaint form.

The complaint must be sent to

Kollegiekontoret treats the complaint and assesses if the tenant the claim is against is to have a written warning.

In case of repeated written warnings regarding the same violation of the house rules, the violating tenant's lease may be cancelled (with 3 months notice) or terminated (with short notice). 

In very serious cases Kollegiekontoret can terminate the lease without further notice. 

If your complaint has been treated and you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can address the tenants’ complaint board (Beboerklagenævn) of the municipality. 

The tenants’ complaint board e.g. deals with issues regarding:

- the condition of the residence when moving in and out
- house regulations, harassment etc. 
- right of disposal
- water and heating accounts

The tenants’ complaint board can e.g. make decisions regarding whether:

- a decision in the resident democracy is valid
- a resident must have a warning
- the resident must be given a conditional notice (the lease will be cancelled or terminated if the resident violates the same house rule again) 

Both residents and hall of residence can move on to the rent tribunal if they are dissatisfied with a decision made in the tenants’ complaint board. However, possible warnings are final.

Find further information regarding the tenants’ complaint board on: (only available in Danish). 

According to the fire preventive regulations, entrances, corridors, balconies, stairs and emergency exits must be cleared of all objects (bookcases, mattresses, clothes horses etc.).

Once a year, the fire authorities conduct an inspection of the fire prevention without notice to check that the fire regulations are observed. They make protests and sometimes impose fines if the corridor areas etc. are not cleared. The caretaker may also remove objects in the corridors etc. without notice.

Please also make sure that escape routes on e.g. parking lots are kept free of cars, bicycles, prams etc.

Specifically for Åpark Kollegiet: In the indentations at each flat the followingly is accepted: A doormat, a small sho rack (max 50 cm) and a collapsible drying rack. It is not allowed to hang clothes to dry or put rubbish bags in the corridors or in the indentations. 



If you live in an apartment it is allowed to install a dishwasher, if the electricity, water and sewer system has enough capacity for it. 

Kollegiekontoret must authorise the the application before you install a dishwasher. 

Application for installation of a dishwasher

Send the application to the house inspector of the hall of residence (find contact information under the caretaker tab).

Please contact the caretaker if the bell does not function any more.

It is unfortunately not possible to borrow furniture at the hall of residence.

It is permitted to mount your own dishwasher and/or washing machine in your residence, if the electrical, water and drain installations of the hall of residence allow it.

A permission from Kollegiekontoret is required before installation of a dishwater/washing machine.

An application can be requested from the house inspector of the hall of residence at Kollegiekontoret.

Kollegiekontoret has effected an insurance of buildings for the hall of residence.

The insurance of buildings covers buildings and the fixed installations in case of fire, storm, cloudburst, pipe burst etc.

The insurance of building does not cover your personal belongings (PC, TV, stereo etc.), so you must take out your own house contents insurance. Make sure that it covers rehousing, in case you have to vacate your residence for a period due to e.g. water damage. We also recommend it covers glass and sanitary ware.

We will also encourage you to take out an accident insurance.

Please note that no insurance covers burglary in case of unlocked doors. Therefore, always remember to lock the doors of e.g. lumber rooms, laundry and bike room.

You have the possibility to move internally in your hall of residence.

Applicants for an internal move have first claim to an available room/flat in the hall of residence they are living in. Internal moving can only take place in the hall of residence you are living in. It is not possible to move from one two room apartment to two one room apartments.

If you wish to move to another hall of residence, you have to apply on Subtenants cannot apply for an internal moving, you can neither apply for internal moving if you have given notice of termination. 

If you want to apply for internal moving, you can fill in this form.

If you decline an offer, your application for an internal move will be deleted. 

NB You may be offered an internal move before the expiry of the term of notice on you present accommodation. Therefore, you may have to pay rent for two accommodations in a period of time. The deposit/advance payment for your present accommodation will not be returned until 2 weeks after the expiry of the tenancy. So if you apply for an internal move, you must make sure to have money ready for the first month’s rent as well as deposit/advanced payment for your new accommodation.

There is already internet access from Bolignet-Aarhus in your wall socket. You just need to connect your computer to the socket in the wall using a network cable (LAN) and type in your browser. An order page will appear, where you can register as a customer. Shortly after you have registered, you will be online. 

Please notice that you will have to buy a router if you want to access the internet wirelessly (WiFi). That way you are sure to get a router that fits your exact requirements.

If you have questions or need help, please contact Bolignet-Aarhus customer service at 82 50 50 50. The phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 10 to 19 and Saturday from 12-15. 

You are also welcome to contact us at

Please notice that TV-license is not paid for through your internet subscription. You can sign up to pay for TV-license at

In case you lose the key to your room or flat, please contact your caretaker during normal working hours, so that he can lock you in.

Outside normal working hours you can contact a locksmith. You must pay the expenses yourself.

If you lose your keys, you must furthermore pay for the expenses of converting the lock. So take care of your keys and keep an extra key at your neighbour’s.

If you were given a laundry card when moving in, the laundry expenses are not included in the rent. The card registers every time you wash or tumble dry, and the expenses are added to your rent.

Every tenancy has its own lumber room (except Grundtvigs Hus Kollegiet, Kirsebærhaven and Stenaldervej Kollegiet), so please remember to use it – and not the escape routes – to store the things which you have no room for in your room or flat.

You must use our termination form, if you want to terminate your lease. 

You can find the termination forms here:

If you have moved in before 1 June 2019 (cf. your lease)

If you have moved in after 1 June 2019 (cf. your lease)

NB You must move out no later than 7 working days before the wanted re-let date also even though your residence has not been re-let.

The residence must be cleaned and cleared and your keys must be dropped off at the caretaker’s no later than 9 a.m on the moving out day. From when you have terminated your lease and until you are moving out, you are still obliged to clean the common areas.
The caretaker will carry out a room inspection. If you want to be present, you must arrange a date with him no later than 3 days before moving out.

See the house rules.

NB Pets are allowed at Grundtvigs Hus Kollegiet, Ladegårdskollegiet and Kløvergården. For more detail read the house rules of these halls of residence. 

The rent must be paid on the 1st working day of each month at the latest. If you pay later than that, a fee of DKK 291 (2022 standard) will be included in next month’s rent. You may choose between the following three methods of payment:

  1. Nets (payment service). We recommend that you use this method of payment, as it is the cheapest and easiest for all parties. Nets is free and can be discontinued at any time. You can join the service on the paying-in slip you receive after moving in. If you still receive paying-in slips after having joined PBS, the reason is either that the arrangement has not been effectuated or that a mistake has occurred. Please contact your bank to have this corrected.
  2. Payment via paying-in slip by home-banking or in the bank. This method of payment costs you a fee every month. If you do not receive a monthly paying-in slip or if the slip is lost, it is your responsibility to make sure that the rent is paid on time. You can pay to Kollegiekontoret’s giro account no. 913 0187. Please remember to state your name and your hall of residence address or your “lejemålsnr.” This method of payment also costs you a fee every month. 
  3. By home banking to 3627 and account no. 0009130187. Please remember to state your name and your hall of residence address or your “lejemålsnr.” 
  4. If you pay from abroad please use IBAN: DK39 3000 0009 130187 and Swift/bic code: DABADKKK. (Danske Bank, Kannikegade 4 – 6, 8000 Aarhus C) Please note that all costs concerning payment from abroad are to be paid by you.

No respite of payment
It is not possible to apply for respite of payment. The rent has to be paid on time.

If rent is not paid 
If you do not pay rent, we will first send a reminder with fee. Then the case is handed over for collection and your lease will be terminated. It will cost you around DKK 1.800 to cover the expenses of lawyer and bailiff.

Rent increase
If rent is increased, it usually happens August 1 and it will be notified 3 months ahead, i.e. usually before May 1. Kollegiekontoret informs Nets and the housing subsidy office about the increase.

You have moved into a hall of residence, which is an estate of the non-profit housing organisation Kollegiekontoret in Aarhus

This means, among other things, that you are part of a resident democracy and can play a role in ensuring that your hall of residence is an exciting and well-functioning place.

For instance, at least once a year, a resident meeting is held for all the residents of the hall of residence. At this meeting, the residents elect a number of estate committee members. All estate committe members have to be residents in the hall of residence.

The estate committe has e.g. influence on the budget of the hall of residence and can propose changes and common arrangements. Furthermore, the estate committe must ensure good peace and order and treat the cases, in case of complaints from residents about fellow residents (see complaints).

The estate committee is bound to observe professional secrecy regarding confidential circumstances.

We encourage you to take part in the resident meetings and make your influence felt!

Read more about the resident democracy

At least once a year, Kollegiekontoret sends out a study check to ensure that the conditions regarding living in the hall of residence are met. If you do not return the study check in time or if you are no longer a student or trainee, we will terminate you lease with a three months’ notice.

NB You are allowed to stay in your residence three months after finishing your education.

If you are going on exchange, in traineeship or other which means that you have to move away temporarily, you can sublease your room up to two years. You are responsible for finding a person (subtenant) to sublease your room to. The subtenant must be under education. Kollegiekontoret must approve the sublease contract before the subtenant is allowed to move in. 

You can find the sublease rules and the sublease document on this website. 

You are allowed to carry on a trade from your residence, but it must not cause any inconvenience whatsoever to any of your fellow residents. The trade must not be connected with displaying of signs, stock-in-trade or personal application at your address.

Your waste much be sorted. SEE HOW

The halls of residence have three different waste systems:

The following halls have freestanding waste containers:
Mejlgade Kollegiet,  Munkegade Kollegiet, Nørre Allé Kollegiet and Rosensgade Kollegiet.

The following halls have their own buried waste containment system: 
Christiansbjerg Kollegiet, Christianshøj Kollegiet, Damager Kollegiet, Dania Kollegiet, Grenåvej Kollegiet, Grundtvigs Hus Kollegiet, Kirsebærhaven, Ladegårdskollegiet, Skejbygård Kollegiet, Skejbyparken, Skelager Kollegiet, Stenaldervej Kollegiet, Svane Kollegiet, Vejlby Kollegiet and Åpark Kollegiet. 

Make sure that the skips are not overloaded. Overloading results in the hall of residence having to pay for extra skips which consequently will lead to an increased rent.

The following halls must use the buried waste containment system of the municipality:
Fredensgade Kollegiet, Grønnegade Kollegiet, Mindegade Kollegiet, Nørreport Kollegiet, Steen Billes Torv Kollegiet and Vestergade Kollegiet.

The caretaker can inform you of the location of the buried waste containment system of the municipality.

Read more about the waste sorting system.


Order collection of bulky waste on the website of the municipality (only available in Danish)

Your caretaker can also inform you about the rules regarding bulky waste in the area in which your hall of residence is situated. Put out the bulky waste on the collection spot the day the waste is collected (not some days before or after). Remember, it is your responsibility (and not the caretaker’s) to make sure that the bulky waste is actually collected. 

The phone number for Bulky Waste Customer Service is +45 89 40 16 00.

NB Dania Kollegiet and Svane Kollegiet have their own bulky waste station




- Amendment to the house rules


INSTRUCTIONS TO THE MAINTENANCE REGULATIONS- Here you can find information on how you are obliged to maintain and clean your accomodation